Terp Weekly Edition, March 18th, 2011
This week on Terp Weekly Edition:
- A fraternity banned from College Park because of a hazing incident has returned. Devin Miller talks to the members of the newly resurrected chapter of Phi Sigma Kappa.
- With the arrival of the St. Patrick’s day holiday, and the NCAA basketball tournament, its not unusual for most students to kick back with a cold drink. But some Maryland studens have found its possible to have a good time without an alcoholic beverage. Emily Jacobs has the story.
- As “March Madness” descends on College Park, and the nation, what are Maryland students (and professors) planning for the NCAA tournament? Anchor Brian Hoffman has the story.
- For the first time in several years, the Maryland men’s basketball tournament is watching college basketall’s post season from the sidelines, and has not been invited to either of the top tournaments. Kenny Gartner takes the pulse of Terp fans on the news.
- Is “sports blogging” replacing traditional sports reporting? A recent
edition of a multimedia speaker’s series at the Philip Merrill College of Journalism explored that question, as we hear from Jason Murphy.
- The National Football League’s owners and players are at an impasse, and the lack of a new collective bargaining agreement is threatening the Fall 2011 season, Tyler Radecki reports.
- Maryland students “doing it for the kids” — doing 12 hours of continuous dancing, that is. Kristen Foca reports on “Terp Thon”.
Producer: Emily Jacobs. Editor: Kristen Foca. Anchor: Brian Murphy. Technical Production: Tyler Radecki & Kenny Gartner. Social Media editor: Devin Miller. Assistant Producer: Jason Murphy. Executive producer/instructor, Max Cacas
Please note: We will be on Spring Break the week of March 21st-25th. Our next program will appear online at this site on Friday, April 1st. Thanks, and join us then!
Questions/comments about this show? E-mail us at email@example.com .